he IS the king
Rumours are rife in Washington that Elvis is alive and well and has been living as a high profile Japanese politician - namely Junichiro Koizumi, the prime minister of Japan. I must say, on a recent visit to Gracelands with Geroge W Bush, Koizumi did look rather comfortable.
Journalists even noted how Koizumi seemed to be showing Bush around the place, rather than the other way around. There was nothing of the politican about him, but a lot of the king of rock & roll.
Just a coincidence?
- They share the same birthday: 8th January
- Koizumi can't stop himself singing Elvis songs in public whenever he gets the chance - see articles here and here.
- A few years back, he brought out a CD of his favourite Elvis songs.
- They have the same hairdresser (Don Vernon), and almost the same hairstyle.
- When he leaves politics in September, Koizumi is planning to make a living as an Elvis 'impersonater'.
- Koizumi has a penchant for burgers with peanut butter on top.
-They share the same middle name, 'Aaron'.
- Just take a look at the video at the end of this post - Koizumi has the moves, he has the style.
He IS the King.
Elvis looking all shook up.
Bush looking unnerved as Elvis lauches into a classic move.
The truth finally dawns on Bush: one of his allies in the war on terror is Elvis Presley.
Elvis getting an early taste for politics.
Ever seen Elvis and Koizumi in the same room?
elvis koizumi on Vimeo
Elvis shows some of the old moves, and a member of the public talks about how Elvis can foster international understanding.
Running time: 21 seconds