<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11451155\x26blogName\x3dan+englishman+in+osaka\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://anenglishmaninosaka.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://anenglishmaninosaka.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-2071890055428170573', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

vin de payalot



On Thursday, vast quantities of pricey Beaujolais Nouveau went on sale in Japan instead of France because marketing is a really great thing sometimes.

Georges "the beef" Duboeuf, the founder of one of France's biggest wine merchants, came to Japan this week to launch the sale of this year's consignment.

46% of all Beaujolais Nouveau is sold in Japan. The other 54% isn't sold. Georges makes the trip to Tokyo each year because he can't quite believe it's really happening.


Georges Deboeuf smiles le grand smile.


At a spa in mountains near Tokyo, bathers frolicked in the wine to celebrate the first day of the Beaujolais Nouveau season, enjoying a glass or two straight from the pool itself....




Beaujolais Nouveau is a beverage that may not be such a hit with sophisticated wine connoisseurs...


...but remains popular with sophisticated Kitty-chan connoisseurs.


Meanwhile, back at the pool...

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

On Sunday, 23 November, 2008, Anonymous Dave said:

Yeah, this wine has been doing the rounds on Japantoday this week. Have you actually tasted it? I've done and I'm not really the wine connoisseur but that stuff is foul. Give me a glass of Jacob's Creek or something any day.

Can't believe how successful it is here in Japan, and the shots of it being used in the onsen (is that the one in Hakone?) is so OTT.  



On Monday, 24 November, 2008, Blogger Brian said:

It's popular because it's an annual thing. Just like whatever that weird November shrimp burger is at McDonalds.  



On Monday, 24 November, 2008, Anonymous Neil Duckett said:

Geez Becky's cute isn't she?!  



On Tuesday, 25 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said:

It's wine!? I've been using it to degrease my bike chain and light the BBQ.  



On Tuesday, 25 November, 2008, Anonymous 2-kyu said:

There is a similar thing going on with Hawaian 'Kona' Coffee Beans. In Japan they cost about 3 to 10 times the price of regular coffee beans. I heard a stat that something like 95% of all Kona is exported to Japan.  



On Wednesday, 26 November, 2008, Anonymous Scotty.VOR said:

I'm loving that giant bottle. Think of the size of ship you could build inside it! Could get a full size dingy in there, or a life boat even, perhaps even with oars. Probably not a motor. Might have to balance the oars on your thwart though, I dunno. Could be manned by small boys, or midgets.

...What am I on about?  



On Friday, 28 November, 2008, Blogger ‚ô•andycobain‚ô• said:

I can't believe that my eyes are sein' wow! that's wine?? people swiming' in wine! so cool!

Kisses!^^  



On Saturday, 29 November, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said:

rofl Scotty! Reminds me of paul Mertons style of ridiculous rambling.

WTF is a thwart anyway?!  



On Sunday, 30 November, 2008, Blogger Contamination said:

I hate the idea of that "wine water" you can't see if someone has pissed in it...

And look at the smiles of those children, those are the smiles of relief! No thanks...  



» Post a Comment